UArizona Wildcat WellCheck Privacy Statement
Self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms and identifying who is required to get tested is an important part of the University of Arizona (“UArizona”) “Test, Trace, Treat” or T3 strategy. Wildcat WellCheck is the UArizona wellness screening and testing compliance program that was developed in response to the CDC guidance for worksite screening of activities, symptoms and exposures. As such, all UArizona staff, faculty, students, student employees, and on-site UArizona contractors (“Participants”) who are reporting to campus or any other physical UArizona facility must conduct a daily wellness screening for COVID-19 symptoms and work activities to determine if testing is required.
The personal information UArizona processes
As part of Wildcat WellCheck, Participants must use their UArizona NetID to complete enrollment and to participate in daily wellness screenings prior to reporting to a work location, visiting campus or a UArizona facility, or participating in any in-person UArizona classes and events. A work activities and COVID-19 testing survey (“Testing Survey”) will also be collected.
UArizona will obtain personal information in the following ways:
During the one-time enrollment, Wildcat WellCheck collects your phone number, primary role at UArizona, work/activities on main campus, primary work/study location, days of the week you are typically on campus, time you prefer to receive daily wellness screening reminders and your age range. Wildcat WellCheck offers you the option of also providing gender, ethnicity/race, medical conditions that may qualify as pre-existing conditions and any challenges you may have experienced adhering to CDC public health guidelines while on campus or in public.
During enrollment, you may select which days of the week you regularly report to a UArizona facility and a preferred time and method for Wildcat WellCheck notifications to be delivered to you.
Some Participants may be required to submit more than one wellness screening in a given day, depending on the department in which you work and/or the duties you perform.
According to your notification preferences, you will receive a message reminding you to complete the wellness screening and the additional Testing Survey, as well as a confirmation that your information was successfully submitted.
Daily Wellness Screening and Testing Survey
Consistent with the most current County and State requirements and CDC guidelines, you will be asked if you have a temperature of 100.4 F or above and if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. You will also be asked if you have received a COVID-19 test within the past week at an off-campus location. Your response(s) will be recorded. Note that the screening does not ask which of the symptoms you have, just if you have any symptoms.
Use of Information You Provide
UArizona may use the identifiable information you provide about yourself, for limited and specific purposes, including to:
- Provide and deliver reminders to complete the wellness screening and Testing Survey, screening submission confirmations and other COVID-19 related and Wildcat WellCheck information you requested;
- Advise you as to whether or not you should proceed to the campus, other UArizona facility, class or event;
- Advise you as to whether or not you are required to get a COVID-19 test;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages related to Wildcat WellCheck;
- Communicate with you about news and information UArizona thinks will be of interest to you related to the safe return to UArizona;
- Provide UArizona Leadership, Colleges, Departments, Units and COVID-19 mitigation task forces with timely participation data to demonstrate compliance with employment and instructional policies or practices related to COVID-19 and other workplace and campus wellness efforts;
- Provide Pima County Health Department, or other governmental health authorities, information deemed necessary to respond to COVID-19;
- Respond to a request for information when required and/or permitted by applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If UArizona believes your actions are inconsistent with UArizona’s user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of UArizona, its employees, students or others; and
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
Participants’ UArizona Net ID and any other personally identifiable information will only be tracked or disclosed to UArizona officials for the sole purpose of reporting whether Participants have completed a required wellness screening and COVID-19 test. In those cases, specific responses to the wellness questions or any personal health information will not be reported or disclosed.
UArizona may use aggregate, de-identified information about you for multiple purposes, including to:
- Provide summary compliance reports to UArizona leadership and UArizona COVID-19 mitigation task forces;
- Contribute to the data collection and reporting related to monitoring campus wellness in response to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Provide, maintain and improve Wildcat WellCheck;
- Monitor and analyze Wildcat WellCheck trends, usage and activities independently and in connection with UArizona’s COVID-19 response activities;
- Link or combine information from Participants to help understand Participants’ needs to provide a better service; and
- Carry out any purpose related to the safe return to UArizona workplaces and campus environments.
Who has access to your information
UArizona will only share or disclose your personal information as described below or as required or permitted by law. Your information will NOT be a part of your employment/personnel file (for employees) nor will it be shared with your healthcare provider. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, you will be encouraged to contact your healthcare provider directly.
Your data will be visible as follows:
- UArizona Leadership, Colleges, Departments and Units may view which Participants have answered the screening each day (they will not be able to see the wellness screening answers only whether the screening has been completed) and information that would determine if you were required to undergo COVID-19 testing;
- You can see your own responses to the screening (sent via SMS or email);
- Survey administrators in Health IT/ITS who are administering or acting as neutral and impartial intermediaries or “honest brokers” to ensure enforcement of access protocols;
- For those Participants who have been determined by the Pima County Health Department – UArizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health Student Aid for Field Epidemiology Response (“SAFER”) team to be a “close contact” of an individual with a confirmed positive COVID-19 diagnosis, your data will go to the SAFER contact tracing/case investigation team to monitor fever and/or symptoms.
Student Union Employees only:
To align with the Pima County Health Department ordinance related to dining facilities (https://webcms.pima.gov/cms/One.aspx?portalId=169&pageId=577827), the Student Union version of Wildcat WellCheck provides a visual green-light/red-light indicator to supervisors to convey an employee’s completion and/or to signal ineligibility to report to work.
How UArizona protects your personal information
Wildcat WellCheck adheres to UArizona’s privacy and security policies and standards to ensure the security and integrity of the data. Report data will be limited to that which is required to fulfill the specific reporting purpose, as is described in the Use of the Information You Provide section above.
UArizona maintains technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect the security, integrity, and privacy of personal data, including the following practices:
- Storing information Wildcat WellCheck collects on computer systems located in controlled facilities with limited access;
- Protecting the transmission of your information over the Internet, using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol;
- Using a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosures;
- Limiting access to data to only authorized personnel; and
- UArizona Leadership, Colleges, Departments, Units and COVID-19 mitigation task forces are informed of their obligation to maintain the confidentiality of responses.
UArizona endeavors to protect the privacy of the personal information UArizona holds in its records, but UArizona cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information. UArizona Information Security Policy ISO-600 addresses Information Security Incident Reporting and Response requirements.
Related privacy and security policies may be found via the following links:
- Privacy at the University of Arizona: Home
- Privacy Policies and Guidelines
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification
- Information Security Policy and Guidance
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement will be updated periodically to reflect any material changes in the Wildcat WellCheck strategy and practices. These changes will be evident by inserting a new “Effective Date” (see below) and is effective when it is posted to this website. Treatment of information UArizona collects now is subject to the version in effect at the time such information is used.
If you have any general questions about how your personal information is used as part of the Test, Trace and Treat strategy or for compliance reporting, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This statement is effective as of 01/19/2021.